I guess you all know there are a lot of people full of hope that Mr. Obama will become President of the United States. I am a bit ambivalent about the whole thing. I am somewhat of a cynic.
I can't help but remember one particular scene in the 1983 film Trading Places, one of my favorite movies of all time. Billy Ray Valentine,(Eddie Murphy's character) was given the opportunity to be a trader on the NYSE by a couple of old guys who owned their own firm. Valentine was led to believe that it all was on the level. He was on top of the world! He was in the restroom stall when he overhears Mortimer telling Randolph,"Do you really believe I would have a nigger run our family business?!"Then he pays him a dollar for winning the bet that he could take a black street criminal, and turn him into a successful executive. I die laughing everytime I see it.
I can't help but remember one particular scene in the 1983 film Trading Places, one of my favorite movies of all time. Billy Ray Valentine,(Eddie Murphy's character) was given the opportunity to be a trader on the NYSE by a couple of old guys who owned their own firm. Valentine was led to believe that it all was on the level. He was on top of the world! He was in the restroom stall when he overhears Mortimer telling Randolph,"Do you really believe I would have a nigger run our family business?!"Then he pays him a dollar for winning the bet that he could take a black street criminal, and turn him into a successful executive. I die laughing everytime I see it.
It makes me wonder though, is the same thing happening to Barack? He's no criminal, but he is a brotha'. America is buttering him up right now. He thinks he's the MAN.I feel like we are gonna get to November 2, 2008, and the same conversation that Mortimer and Randolph had will be re-hashed. Only this time, it will be Hillary giving McCain a dollar for winning the bet.

2 comments:
Apparently that Obama has left the building. He's been replaced with a party man who sees the other side as evil and beneath contempt. Consider these bitter words from campaign boss David Plouffe that outlines the Obama plan for the stretch run.
"John McCain has shown that he is willing to go into the gutter to win this election," Plouffe wrote in a memo circulated Friday. "His campaign has become nothing but a series of smears, lies and cynical attempts to distract from the issues that matter to the American people."
Daily News Opinion
Wish that Barack would come out with the change and let us know what he can do beside say change. Maybe he feels he has already lost "the bet"... What ever the case may be I'd like to see what he has to say when they really get to it.
Thanks Hosie for your enlightenment. As always it is refreshing.
A fan
Franky
You have fans. I need fans. Barry O needs fans. Barry is like the Tennessee Vols. He talks a big game, looks good on paper, but is a severe letdown once the game begins.
Roll McCain Roll,
Eric Tizzle
Post a Comment